The Frank Batten College of Engineering and Technology strives to be a world-class learning institution for engineering research and academics. We will accomplish this goal via the strength and diversity of our student body and the excellence and dedication of our faulty in research and education.
Below are some of the ways that we measure our progress towards this goal.
- Our student population is engaged, growing and diverse (The prestigious Kaufman Prize was awarded one of our students in 2004)
- Our faculty is active in research, education, and the community (Since 2000, sponsored research and service expenditures by faculty have grown from $10 million to over $17 million in Fiscal Year 2003. Individual and corporate contributions have also grown at a substantial rate.)
- Teaching - the effectiveness of our faculty
- Research Expenditures - public and private funding for the knowledge and skills of our faculty and students
- Journal Publications - acknowledgement that our faculty are contributing valid and new knowledge to their field.
- Fellows in Professional Organizations
- We have a host of accomplishments in Academics, Scholarship, Administration and Resourcing, Honors and Awards, and Recruitment and Outreach.
- We seek and maintain accreditation with prominent regional and national engineering bodies.
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012 - telephone: (410) 347-7700
- Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012 - telephone: (410) 347-7700
- American Society for Engineering Management (ASEM)