- 06.24.2010 - A special issue of the IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science is scheduled for April 2011. This Special Issue is restricted to plenary/invited papers at ICOPS 2010. The manuscript submission deadline is September 15, 2010.
- 06.16.2010 - Online registration is now closed. Registration services will be available on site.
- 06.02.2010 - Due to low participation in the two-day companion activities, the companions program has been cancelled.
- 05.03.2010 - The deadline for registration at the reduced rate has been extended to May 10, 2010.
- 03.22.2010 - The detailed technical program of the conference is now available on the "Technical Program" page.
- 03.15.2010 - A block schedule of the technical program is now available under the "Technical Program" page.
- 02.15.2010 - Student travel grants application is now closed.
- 02.14.2010 - Abstract submission is now closed.
- 02.02.2010 - Registration is now open.
- 01.16.2010 - Deadline extension: Abstracts submissions is open until January 23, 3:00 AM.
We wish to extend a cordial invitation to the 37th IEEE International Conference on Plasma Science (ICOPS) to be held in Norfolk, VA, USA, from June 20 to June 24, 2010 with a minicourse scheduled June 24 and 25. The conference venue is the Marriott Waterside hotel located in the center of downtown Norfolk.
Plasma science covers a wide range of topics. ICOPS 2010 will offer a rich technical program that spans the many fundamental as well as applied aspects of the field. The conference will be followed by a 1.5 days minicourse on low temperature plasma modelling and applications.
Norfolk, VA, is located in a region of eastern Virginia known as "Hampton Roads". There are 10 cities in Hampton Roads (Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Suffolk, Franklin, Poquoson, Williamsburg, and Virginia Beach). The total population of the region is in the excess of 1.6 Millions. There are many attractions and historic sites in Hampton Roads. Williamsburg, Jamestown (the oldest English settlement in North America), and the beautiful sandy beaches of Virginia Beach are but a few examples.
The conference organizers, including committee members and session organizers, as well as the IEEE Nuclear and Plasma Sciences Society, welcome and encourage you and your companions to attend the ICOPS 2010 in Norfolk, VA.
Chair, ICOPS 2010
Click here to download the poster of ICOPS 2010